Backed by Science
The active ingredient in Altar™ is SBD-4. SBD-4 is a patented extract from the root of the plant Angelica Sinensis, which grows in the high altitudes of China, Japan, and Korea. SBD-4 was studied and developed by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the USA’s medical research agency, which selectively funds research that will have groundbreaking potential to improve the public’s health.
From the NIH study, SBD-4 demonstrated to do some rather remarkable things:
- Promotes healthy, radiant and resilient skin
- Heals severely dry, damaged skin
- Prolongs skin hydration
- Improves micro-circulation and increases oxygenation
- Increases skin elasticity
- Stimulates collagen production
- Relieves redness and roughness
SBD-4 is extremely rich in hyaluronic acid, which binds up to 100 times its weight in water, leaving the skin dramatically hydrated. It is also extremely rich in arginine, the amino acid that’s very important in maintaining, protecting and repairing the skin barrier.